Friday, May 20, 2011

When seasons change

Today I am Joining in with  gypsy mama for

She says.... Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s write in shades of real and brave and unscripted. Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not. Today's prompt is

When seasons change

via


I stood staring at my closet. Winter coats. There's at least 20 of them. What will I do with them? Where will they go? It's funny as I look at them I think of all the cold winter months that they tried to keep us warm. Did they do their job? Not really, but it would have made -40 degree weather, much much worse. No, the coats stay here. They will not be coming with us. I will find the number for the sally anne & let them know that we have winter coats....they can have all our winter coats. Then I notice the 10 pairs of rubber boots, rain jackets, & umbrella's. What about them, stay or go? Okay, they may not have winter but surely they have spring, right? Rain? I think of all the puddles my boys have jumped in, how they search them out...okay right...the boots & rain jackets they are coming with us. Then I notice the pile of summer clothes on the bed. It's a small pile...and I notice only 2 bathing suits, I'm going to have to hit up the mall for more. They told me to pack a minimum of 7 bath suits, one for each day of the week. I'm in trouble there. There is one box clothes already packed. They hold our beloved sweaters, sweat pants, and more sweaters{I call sweaters with a hood, a hoodie}. As I look at them I can hear my hubby's voice saying "if you buy one more hoodie...i mean how many hoodies can one person own?" Alot. Is the answer. I love my hoodies. Doesn't matter the season, a hoodie always works.
*********************************************************************
Hope you all enjoy the looooooong weekend. We actually have plans & will be roadtripping to the mountains for the weekend. So excited. Hope you all have some fun plans. Hugs & love

1 comment:

signingcharity said...

Enjoy your weekend trip. My hubby feels the way about pullovers that you do about hoodies. They are everywhere!