Saturday, February 25, 2012

Nightmares

I once had a tooth. A very bad tooth. 

via
It had given me problems since I was 15 years old. It had been drilled & filled. It had been root canaled.  And on Wednesday, very unexpectedly, it got yanked out of my mouth. Now, for those of you who don't know...I have a very legitimate fear of dentist...a fear that requires ativan. On Wednesday I didn't take my ativan. I was feeling confident. Happy to be getting it fixed, again. It is the way these things always happen isn't it? You are faced with your own personal nightmare when you least expect it...when you let your guard down a little. BAM! It finds ya. In my case it came due to an X-ray that reveled a really bad infection trapped under my tooth. Before I knew it, I was getting 6 needles & having my tooth ripped out of my head. Wow... I'm not going to go into detail here about the actual pulling, as I see it as kinda like talking about your labor...you never know who reading is going to find themselves someday in labor & I don't want to be the reason that they are refusing to go into the delivery room...same here. I don't want to be responsible for you getting up out of your dentist chair when they tell you that they have to pull your tooth. But, ummm, that's exactly what you should do...get up & run the hell out. Jooooking, kinda
Anyways... I survived. My worst nightmare became a reality & I survived. Just another challenge that I overcame.Yay me!! Okay, so it wasn't pretty. My legs shook the whole entire time I was getting the needles & the dentist had to keep repeating "it's okay sherri, just breathe thru your nose...breathe thru your nose...breathe thru your nose" & the dentist assitant kept wiping my face as tears were pouring out of my eyes. So yeah, it wasn't pretty, but I survived. And I better keep working on my fears, cuz I hear the whole "implant process" isn't exactly pleasent. Lovely :)

No comments: